One of the most popular methods of printing on fabric is professional custom silk-screen printing. This technology makes it possible to implement a large number of solutions that are not available using other methods of image transfer.
Logos and designs printed on the fabric make the most ordinary T-shirts original and more impressive. Standard things become unique.
TYPES OF TEXTILE PRINTS
- We produce batches of men’s and women’s T-shirts for corporate wardrobes and promotions. Minimum quantity – 50 pieces.
NUMBERS, NAMES, INSCRIPTIONS.
- We accept orders for the production of T-shirts with numerical and letter prints for sports and other types of events.
THEMATIC PICTURES AND PHOTOGRAPHS.
- Using silk-screen printing, we create beautiful full-color designs. Such products are more in demand than monochrome ones.
FEATURES OF FULL-COLOR SILK SCREEN PRINTING ON FABRIC
To obtain colorful images with different shades and halftones, two types of printing are used – spot and raster. In the first case, the colors are pure, monochrome. In the second, a smooth transition of shades (rastering) is realized. The printing of such drawings is preceded by the preparation of the layout, during which the image is divided into color components. A separate stencil is made for each shade.
A special feature of printing on fabric is the use of a different color separation method. The option used in printing with a CMYK color scheme does not make it possible to obtain a bright three-dimensional image. Therefore, when applying colorful prints to a textile base, not the standard four, but six to eight colors are used.
SCREEN PRINTING INKS
To apply images to clothes and baseball caps, we use high-quality and safe paints from Sericol (England):
- A durable image is formed that covers the color of the base material. High quality reproduction of the Pantone palette.
- These paints are made from acrylic polymers that are water soluble. On light-colored fabrics they create soft, pleasant-to-touch prints. On dark items, it is necessary to use a substrate that increases the rigidity of the print. But this technique helps improve the quality of color rendering, which can be disrupted by the structure and main color of the fabric.
ETCHED, IN AN AQUEOUS SOLVENT.
- The action is based on etching the pigment from the dye that was used to process the fabric. This method can produce soft white and colored prints on a textile base of any color. Such prints can be ironed. Disadvantages of etched inks: difficult selection of Pantone colors, insufficient quality of raster printing.
To prepare the layout, image files in PSD, TIFF, JPEG, EPS, CRL format are accepted. Resolution – 300 dpi, size must correspond to the actual parameters of the drawing. If the original image does not correspond to the required dimensions and resolution of 300 dpi, it is not advisable to enlarge the image using graphics programs.
To prepare design layouts, the CorelDraw computer program is used. Images for printing must be sent on a background that matches the color of the product. For example, when ordering a logo or design printed on blue T-shirts, the image is placed on a blue background.
Layouts prepared in Adobe Photoshop must be provided in their original form, without gluing layers.
PRINTING ON PRODUCTS FROM TOPFUTBOLKI: STAGES OF THE PRODUCTION PROCESS
The finished layout is used to create a stencil form. It is a frame with a fine-mesh sieve coated with an emulsion with sensitizing additives. Under the influence of light, its composition polymerizes, and fragments protected from UV rays are easily cleaned with water. The open areas form the printing plate. Through them, the paint is transferred to the fabric in special rotary machines.
Fig.3. Images are transferred to fabric using various technical means, from semi-automatic to mechanical installations.
To apply images to textile products, Topfutbolki uses modern productive equipment:
- Semi-automatic carousel stencil machine Sportsman (8/10 and 10/12), USA. Productivity – 5000 products per shift.
- Mechanical line for printing on fabric SideWinder (USA). Productivity – 4800 units of clothing.
- Thermal printing area. Machine productivity is up to 3000 products per shift.
For additional decoration of clothing, we offer special effects. Images may have a relief structure, contain fragments with glitter and foil, glow in low light and in complete darkness.
ATTACHING AN IMAGE TO FABRIC
After being applied to the fabric, the print is processed in an infrared oven. Under the influence of high temperature, the paint hardens and thus the design is fixed. The image becomes resistant to washing, ironing, and mechanical stress.
Clothes with prints will last as long as possible with proper care. Products should be washed in warm water, but do not use chlorine bleaches, rub the printed surface, or wring out the fabric with force. Only designs and logos printed with water-based inks can be ironed. If you wear clothes with prints carefully and take proper care of them, the images retain their original expressiveness for a long time.